peter;298097 Wrote:
> toby10 wrote:[color=blue]
>
> That's interesting. What't the type number of that Pioneer? Does it
> handle large music collections gracefully?
>
> I ran into this one today:
> http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/carstereos/parrotrk8200
>
> It's got an iPod interface but also a 'hidden' compartment where you
> can
> put your phone or usb stick (or perhaps even a small usb harddrive) as
>
> well as an SD (SDHC) slot. It's also got a bluetooth handsfree function
>
> for your phone. Looks pretty good...
>
> Regards,
> Peter

Pioneer DEH-6900UB  this is the 07 model, they have newer ones.

I have about 44gb of MP3's all at 320kbps.  I think I read somewhere
this head unit had a "limit" of 250gb of usable USB storage
capabilities.  But that's also what Yamaha told me about hooking up a
hard drive to the USB port on my AVR and it has no problem seeing the
full 1tb USB hd where I have all my WAV's.  Heck, I doubt I'd ever come
close to the e-go's 160gb of space as MP3's.

Keep in mind that the head unit's screen is pretty small so properly
organizing the music files is important.  But the head unit also has a
remote so it's not difficult to search the HD via the front panel.  It
takes about 10 seconds to "format read" the USB drive every time I turn
the car on.

It also has two AUX ports, sat radio ready, iPod/MP3 player input, and
BlueTooth, but I use none of these.

If your existing head unit has an AUX port you could just buy a USB
"module" for USB input.  But I have no idea how you would then
read/view/search the USB contents.  It may well just output that to
your front panel display, I dunno.

--
toby10