erland;301109 Wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is something special I need to do to run
> SqueezeCenter under ActiveState perl with a custom cache directory on
> Windows ?
>
> I'm starting it as:

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > perl slimserver.pl --cachedir C:\Servers\SqueezeCenter701\CacheSmall
--prefsdir C:\Servers\SqueezeCenter701\PrefsSmall --logdir
C:\Servers\SqueezeCenter701\LogsSmall

--------------------

That's pretty much all of there is to it.   Unfortunately there's no
debugging of command line options, so you'll have to figure out on your
own which options the server actually sees.  It's easy to tell whether
the the cache and log directories are being set correctly just by
emptying them out before starting the server and seeing if files are
written there.  The prefs directory you can tell by the mtime on the
server.prefs file, as it gets written regularly.

For testing, what I do is give the server multiple IP addresses and
then run several different SlimServers and SqueezeCenters at the same
time.  I have 6.5.5, 7.0.1 (x 3), 7.1, 7.2 using Perl, plus the
installed EXE of 7.0.1 all running at the moment.  I let the EXE
version use the bundled MySQL but the rest use a seperate installation
of MySQL, each with its own database (specified in the prefs file for
each).

--
JJZolx

Jim