Pat Farrell wrote:

> I have not worked on a car in about ten years. They are too complex, and
> require tools that I don't have in my six foot high tool chest. What the
> car designers have done is eliminate all of the simple maintenance, but
> when it goes wrong, it really takes an expensive professional to fix.

Buy a 21 year old car like mine and you can go back to diy.

> I expect that networks will get there in the near future.

I'm not so sure. Setting up a network used to be much more difficult.
Now it's so easy that people are looking for more things to do with
them. More complicated things. I think the average SME LAN is less
complicated than what many of us are running at home.

Regards,
Peter