follow-up with some additional information.

I was unable to find a way to "bail out" on the controller upgrading
between the different versions of SqueezeCenter.

I ended up uninstalling 7.0.1 and installing 7.0 on my Windows server.
This puts it on the same version that the Thecus module is built
against.

Everything is working great now.  Switching between players being
driven from different servers is very quick.  It takes about 2 sec to
find the players connected to the other server during the Choose Player
process.  Once I chose the other player, it connects and is ready to go
in under 3 sec.

I'll have to keep my servers versions in sync and not upgrade until
builds are available for the N5200.  Probably easier for plugin
maintenance, etc anyway.

--
twylie

Thecus N5200 -> transporter -> Krell KRC2 -> 4 x nuforce 8b -> Von
Schweikert VR-4 Gen III

Thecus N5200 -> SB3 -> Monarchy DIP -> Monarchy Super DIP -> Monarchy
18b -> AES 845 monos -> Sonus Faber Concertos / Audio Physic Sparks