larrettp;303515 Wrote:
> No, it's directly proportional to the size of the playlist. My point
> always has been that size, in a well designed database should not be an
> issue.

Current playlists are stored in the database.  So when you add a
playlist of 7500 tracks then you're doing 7500 table INSERTS.  It's
always going to be directly proportional to the size of the playlist.

Not to mention that if you're shuffling the playlist then it's all
being done in memory on a server platform that can barely get out of
its own way.  There was a post a while back from someone at Infrant (I
may actually have read it in the Infrant forums) explaining why.  When
SlimServer 6.0 came out, with its move to MySQL for its dbms, it was
faster on many systems with large libraries, slower on some systems
with small libraries, but very much slower on the ReadyNAS.  It was
explained by Infrant that the ReadyNAS CPU architecture was uniquely
unsuited to running MySQL.

--
JJZolx

Jim