Y'know, this rant, with absolutely no information about the equipment,
or even OS, being used brings me back to my days of working in a
motorcycle shop. On Saturdays, I was often at the parts counter, and
there'd always be a couple of customers who'd want parts without
mentioning exactly -what- kind of bike these parts might go into.
I tried just asking "what bike is this for?"
And eventually got the response (from one customer) "Well, -my- bike of
course!" And he clearly thought I was an idiot.
So then I tried humor - "How long is a piece of string?".
Usually, customers would look puzzled, then understand and give me the
info - until one guy (a Velocette guy - can't trust them, I guess)
responded with "That depends on which end you measure from, doesn't
it?"
So I finally ended up with the very boring "Year, make, and model,
please?"

--
bobkoure