You are misunderstanding.

The SBR has it's IP just fine (as outlined in my original post).  The
problem is the IP that it THINKS the SC is at is mistaken.  The SC has
a valid IP, but the SBR is told that the SC resides at the router, not
at the PC that it is actually on.

I've done numerous factory resets, reboots, logging into the SBR using
the perl tools to manually set the SC IP, nothing.

--
BrockStone