PRGeno;310413 Wrote:

> The Controller's screen is basically unusable anywhere with even a
> modest amount of ambient light.  There are three issues I've found with
> the screen:
> 1. The screen is so dimly back lit, even at it's highest brightness
> setting, and using a wallpaper with the most contrast, as to make it
> useless in all but dark rooms.
> 2. The plastic covering the screen is very glossy, which causes
> reflections that, together with the dim back light, make the screen
> even harder to read.
> 3. Lately, after the short period of ownership, it appears a fog has
> come over the plastic cover.  I've taken extremely good care of the
> device, and yet this fog cannot be cleaned off the cover.  It appears
> the plastic has a film on both sides, inside and outside, again adding
> to the inability to read the screen.

I can absolutely agree with the fact that the screen is unusable
outside in daylight (I can just about see it if I shield both sides and
the top of the screen with my hand).

But there must be a big difference between your screen and mine. It is
perfectly comfortably readable every where inside the house. Even if I
stand with my back to a sunny window I can still read it fine (though
obviously I do have to tilt it to the right angle to remove any
reflections).

I guess there must be some variability between screens, some are likely
to be brighter than others.

My screen does get very dirty very quickly, with grease from my
fingers. But I find it cleans off very easily with a bit of lens
cleaning fluid and a clean cloth. I do wish the screen was a little
less glossy, though I do realise that glossy is very "in".

Maybe you should talk to Logitech support and see if you have a dud ?

--
andynormancx

Yes, it will. Yes, all of them. Yes, SoftSqueeze as well. What ?
I SAID ALL OF THEM !