Philip, that was a fast reply :) At the moment I worked around it by
filling the album tag with... 'miscellaneous'..

I can see the logic in our reply, it just simply doesn't match my
habit:

I generally have the habit of browsing by artist. I never ever browse
per album first.. When doing so, it's annoying sometimes to have to
browse though to the 'various artist' to figue out whether I have
'abandoned' songs (iow not attached to an album) by this artist as
well. library is getting bigger through the years.. the minor
irritation is based upon the fact that browsing to an artist takes me
either clicking mouse or remote controle a few times.. then having to
browse though a bogus 'album' entry (bogus as there is no album for a
single song), before reaching the songs, simply is yet another.

--
bronnie