maggior;311755 Wrote:
> To create a filter, you need to use the MusicMagicMixer, which is a Java
> GUI.  Right click on the left window pane and you will see an option to
> create a filter.
>
> When you do this, You MUST ensure that you run the GUI as the same user
> as your headless MusicMagicServer.  You must also ensure that $HOME is
> the same in the environment that the GUI is run and the headless server
> is run.  This is normally taken care of by running under the same user
> name, but this isn't always the case.  Otherwise, changes made in the
> GUI will not be reflected by the headless server.
>
> Once the filter has been created, you must exit the GUI, and restart
> SqueezeCenter and MusicMagicServer.  It may be enough to just restart
> MusicMagicServer.  I restart both since I have both start from the same
> init script.
>
> At this point, your filters will be available on the MusicIP
> configuration page of SqueezeCenter.
>
> It's a PITA, but fortunately configuring filters is probably not
> something you will do very often.

I've done a little experimenting to try to see what MiP GUI actually
does when you create filters - the upshot is it modifies the .m3lib
file (MiP database/ cache). Closing MiP GUI and then doing a browser
refresh or repointing your browser to localhost:10002 shows that MiP
headless detects the change in the DB and notifies you with a message
"Cache has been modified on disk".  Clicking the "Reload Cache" button
causes MiP to reload it, following which a refresh of the SC Plugins
page or repointing your browser to Settings/Plugins/MiP Settings causes
all the filters to be visible in SC, so the good news is there is no
need to reboot or restart MiP headless and/ or SC to use filters.

--
egd

Internet forums: conclusive proof depth of gene pool is indeed variable,
monkeys can be taught to cut code, and world peace is utterly
unrealistic...