Mnyb;312106 Wrote:
> Where is your normal listening volume ? Your hopefully aware of that the
> digital volume is reducing bits so the noisefloor is creeping closer.

No, I am not aware of this. What exactly does it mean?

> What amp or dac is the SB connected to you could just try the volume on
> that instead, and use the full volume of the SB to see if the problem
> goes away.

It doesn't matter to what it is connected to. I have three SBs around
the house. One is connected to a high end Denon AVR4306, the other to
an Apple Hifi speaker system, third is not relevant right now. I get
the hiss on all the amps, no matter how I tune them (tried upping the
volume on the SB and lowering it on the amp, and vise versa).

Also, I really would like to press that this only happens on MP4 files,
not on MP3. Looks to me as if there is something wrong with the MP4
decoding.

Also, might the wireless connection introduce noise? I feed the SB over
WiFi.

> I don't have the spec for the SB digital volume in my head. In
> conjuction with the built in dac i think it operates from 24bits so
> this will only be a problem with low volumes.

It is very present at any volume combination. No matter what I do. The
noise only start when a track actually start playing. When the track is
finished, there is no more noise. There is also no noise when
paused/stopped.

> Do you have a very loud system ? with lots off gain and efficient
> speakers.

In one case, yes. Denon AVR4306 feeding large Dynaudio Contour high end
speakers.

I really appreciate you trying to help me here! :-)

Sascha

--
funkahdafi