lork;312632 Wrote:
> I used the toolbar "search" function to look for "default.m3lib" in a2
> and file system, and it was not found anywhere. Could not spot it by
> eye anywhere in the MusicIP folder/subfolders.  It is ordinarily written to
> /home/<username>/.MusicMagic (note the
period before MusicIP [i.e. it is a hidden folder]), which may explain
why you couldn't find it with the search tool.

Perhaps you could try explicitly dictating where the cache file should
be written/ stored.  My mmm.ini (on my NAS) is as follows [as you can
see I've dictated that the library should be in a different folder]:
Code:
--------------------

  [mix]
  mixsize=35 tracks
  restrict=25 tracks
  style=180
  variety=1
  seed=1
  [server]
  proxy=0
  host=
  proxyport=0
  authentication=0
  user=
  password=
  [services]
  key=
  cache=/raid/data/module/MusicIP/default.m3lib
  port=10002
  tivo=0
  upnp=0
  api=1
  readonly=0
  refresh=15
--------------------

and on my Ubuntu desktop, it's as follows:
Code:
--------------------
    [mix]
  mixsize=40 tracks
  restrict=25 tracks
  style=25
  variety=0
  seed=1
  [server]
  proxy=0
  host=
  proxyport=
  authentication=
  user=
  password=
  [services]
  key=
  cache=default.m3lib
  port=10002
  tivo=0
  upnp=0
  api=1
  readonly=0
  cpu=0
--------------------
On my Ubuntu desktop default.m3lib is located at
/home/egd/.MusicMagic/default.m3lib, which as mentioned above, would be
it's default location.

Out of curiosity, you're not having to do a rescan in SC everytime,
right?

--
egd

Internet forums: conclusive proof depth of gene pool is indeed variable,
monkeys can be taught to cut code, and world peace is utterly
unrealistic...