chinablues;312134 Wrote:
> Never mind the MusicIP scanner & how long that takes (never been a
> problem for me), the thing that bugs me is the SC scanner interface
> with Music IP when I'm scanning new or changed music.  Here SC scanner
> zips through the music folders mostly correctly picking up changes and
> additions in double quick time, but then it does a FULL scan of Music
> IP import.  THAT takes for ages.  I'm scanning as I write this.
> Directory scan finished in 25 secs, Music IP import, currently at 2450
> of 20593 having taken 4 mins 50 secs already!!  Is there not a smart
> way for SC scanner to suck in only the changes/adds on Music IP?? I've run a
> little experiment - added a single album to my test library
and then pointed genpuid to it, telling it to use the existing cache
file, i.e. that located at /home/<username>/.MusicMagic/

The upshot is that genpuid quickly ascertained there was nothing to do
but deal with the added album, did its analysis and updated the cache/
database.  Pointing my browser to localhost:10002 and telling it to
Refresh Songs demonstrated that the new tracks had been appended.  Will
run the 2nd part of the experiment shortly - have SC do a "look for
changes" scan and see whether it still does a full blown rescan or not.

--
egd

Internet forums: conclusive proof depth of gene pool is indeed variable,
monkeys can be taught to cut code, and world peace is utterly
unrealistic...