I used to have my library and Slimserver set up just how I like it -
Compilations were correctly listed under Various Artists and
contributing artists did not appear in the main list of Artists.  This
seems to have changed, now that I've moved to SC 7

The problem occurs when an album with a main artist has some tracks
where other artists contribute eg Santana's Supernatural with
contributing artists Eric Clapton, Eagle Eye Cherry, Lauryn Hill etc.

SC appears to treat this as a compilation, and lists the album under
Various Artists, though it does show the Artist as Santana (probably
because the Album Artist tag is set to Santana)

If I explicitly set the Compilation tag to 0, then SC stops treating it
as a compilation. However, it insists on including each contributing
artist in the artist list despite the setting of the option
List albums by band = Yes (and List Albums by All Artists for that
Album = No) and also Group compilation albums together = Yes

I'm running SC 7.0.1 19705, on Windows Vista Home Premium.
All my music is in FLAC ripped using dbPoweramp (various versions over
the last few years)

I have just re-ripped Supernatural using the latest dBPoweramp (V13
Reference) and this automatically sets Compilation=0 which is helpful.
It also sets Album Artist = Santana

But SC still lists all of the contributing artists, which is not what I
want.

So, how can I achieve the result I want (and used to have)?
and
Is this a bug or is it the intended behaviour (for some weird reason)?

(I know I could delete the contributing artist tags but that would be
extra work and defeats the great metadata lookup in dBpoweramp)

(I did look at the WIKI page on tags, where it states that SC looks at
the BAND tag rather than ALBUM ARTIST in Flac files. Could someone in
the know confirm whether this is the case. I did try deleting the Album
Artist Tag and setting a Band tag but it made no difference to my
problem.)

Regards
Nigel

--