>we may have discovered a bug with it that also relates to this 8324 issue, in
>that i can't find my 'TPE2=Various Artists' albums under the 'Home->Artists'
>list.

I find this a strange thing to do.  An album artist of "Various Artists" seems
contradictory.  Any artist name being "Various Artists" would be wrong in my
opinion.  Is it a compilation, or is it an album with guest performers?

As SC by default displays compilation albums under "Various Artists", and the
compilation detection code apparently looks for strings containing "Various
Artists", I suggest you try changing your TPE2="Various Artists" to something
else to see if there is only a problem because of that specific artist name.