> My point was it need a proper index

There's a link called "All Pages". Doesn't this cover your needs?

> and yes there are various ways to search anywhere.

I find searching so much easier, I almost have given up
bookmarks/favorites. If I need some information about XY, google will find
it so much faster than I'd do in my favorites. Plus it's up to date.

The same applies imho to a wiki. If you're looking for a given keyword,
why not let the machine do the search for you? There's no quicker way, as
even in an index you'd have to look for that keyword (manually or using
the browser's search tool).

> Reference books have done this for years

When did I pick up an encyclopedia last time? A dictionary? Timetable? I
don't even bother owning them. An internet search will bring up the
results faster.

I know, everybody doesn't like this approach. But it's worth a thought
anyway :-).

Michael