I have both.

The screen on the iPhone / Touch is superb.  The iPeng interface is
very good, however there are a few drawbacks to the Touch

1 / No dedicated keys.  The Duet allows instant access to Pause,
Volume, Skip etc.
2 / Battery life ..... the Touch has to go into standby mode after a
few minutes to last the day.  It takes seconds to wake up and unlock.
The duet has a motion sensor and wakes up as soon as you touch it.  The
battery lasts for a day of heavy use or more
3 / Navigating both iPeng and the Duet have issues.

Personally I use the Duet more.  I have an iPhone and have it in my
pocket all of the time, but still prefer the duet.

BTW personally the iPhone is superb as a smart phone.  It has issues,
but beats the P900s, XDAII's, S60 series I have tried.  It least the
damn thing makes reliable phone calls!

Cheers
Steve

--