JJZolx;316429 Wrote:
> If you just needed additional network ports you should have added a
> network switch, not a router.

Quite true, but if you need a switch but have a spare router sitting in
the loft, why not use its built in switch.

I had exactly this situation - I needed a switch to make my SB3 work
with a new homeplug, but the shops were shut.  I had an old ADSL router
in the loft, so used that to good effect.  It is still working fine.
Funnily enough, I had exactly the same problem that a few people are
reporting, in that the router was still dishing out IP addresses via
DHCP, and caused my SB3 to behave unpredictably until I cottoned on.

--
chill