well, besides the idea that being all N is good in that it keeps those
without N from any possible way in, (a slight but nonetheless
considered position), it was my understanding from this article, (which
used to be toms hardware i think?) that in any mode other than pure N
the router goes from 40mhz channels to 20.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/content/view/30087/96/1/4/

lots of good info in that article, worth reading the whole thing.  i'm
no expert so i can't say that mixed mode impacts me in any perceptible
way even if it does technically, but another consideration is that the
SBs can bridge wirelessly right?  so if i have some gear hooked into it
via ethernet and using it as the wireless adapter, isn't it a good idea
to have more BW for the SB and its client?

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 (primary) / SBR (secondary) / SBC - w/SC 7.1beta - Win XP
Pro SP3 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - D-Link DIR-655