jw111;315601 Wrote:
> I need to get a new router and would like to pick the 802.11n router
> that works best with my Duet Controller. I am using a wired connection
> for the receiver.
>
> What 802.11n router is as reliable as possible with the Controller?
>
> Maybe the Squeezebox people could say what routers they develop with?
>
> Thanks

I am using the D-Link DGL4500 for a month or so now and it's great.
IMHO the "gaming grade" stuff is sturdier/better, just like with mice
and keyboards.

Also, I am of the opinion that 802.11n might help SB with increasing
range. Also again: I think that people that say SB is fine with 802.11g
are right but they miss a point: it's not just the SB using the wifi so
how does the mixed environment impact performance on other 802.11n
devices. Just saying that "an expert" said that it doesn't matter is
irrelevant. One poster wrote that channel bandwidth is restricted to 20
MHz in mixed mode g/n while n-only would use 40 MHz. That sounds like a
big difference to me and I'm supposed to be an expert on this stuff too
(electronics- and network-designer).

cheers,
DeVerm.

--