dbrotzen;317000 Wrote:
> I'm on a Vista PC. My hdd is partitioned into C and D drives. Drive C is
> full so I want to split the music between C and D drives. I've read that
> I can point SqueezeCenter to search in multiple folders/disks by
> creating subfolders/linking, so that the SC will searching C will find
> the link to D, and also include searching for music there.
>
> Someone also suggests splitting the collection alphabetically for
> example a-m n-z. In SqueezeCenter I can sort by artist, by album,
> genres etc. In Windows, however, when I try to sort, the files are
> presorted into a-f, g-l, m-r, etc. In addition there are music files,
> textfiles, and imagefiles, and therefore the sorting will get mixed up.
> For example Neil Young will be be found under N, while the album Live at
> Massey Hall will be found under the letter L. If I drag all of Neil
> Young into the subfolder N-Z, I wonder where the Live at Massey Hall
> album will end up? Does anyone know if this confuses Squeeze Center, or
> whether this does not present any problem to SC?
>
> How do I split the collection under Windows? What are the actual
> steps?
>
> Thanks

this is a double post - can you kill it please before we all get
confused!

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT RCS 2.2X with Good Vibrations S/W - MF X-DAC
V3/X-PSU/X-10 buffer (Audiocomm full mods)- Linn 5103 - Linn Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend
Supertweeters, Kimber & Chord cables