Klaus;316208 Wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm just curious if there is a more comfortable way to get the music
> from SC to the iPod. I have about 60k flac song's on my SC. So I just
> want to add some CD's from this collection to my iPod. Currently the
> way I do is, I log on to the shared drive, where the music resides.
> Copy all tracks I want to add to my local drive. Use frontAh to convert
> the music to mp3. Add the music to mp3 and sync it to my ipod.
>
> I'm asking myself is there not a nicer way to do this. What I'm
> imagining is on the webinterface choosing download as mp3-zip or
> whatever, then just click the file and all flac's from the cd or
> playlist are transcoded on the server and downloaded as zip-file. so at
> least the music has only to be added to itunes and especially the
> complete family can have access to the webinterface for downloading
> music (don't like to give to many permissions to the shared drive, as
> the collection is a many-weeks work ;-)
>
> thanks for any hint's, ideas, etc
> klaus

This is one of the reasons why I use wav format for my digital music
library. Wav is uncompressed (same quality as lossless) and is
supported by many devices. And storage cost is no longer an issue
today.
I have iTunes organizing my library, and I simply use wav files on my
iPod (video 30G) as well.

--
Pascal Hibon