Pascal Hibon;317561 Wrote:
> This is one of the reasons why I use wav format for my digital music
> library. Wav is uncompressed (same quality as lossless) and is
> supported by many devices. And storage cost is no longer an issue
> today.
> I have iTunes organizing my library, and I simply use wav files on my
> iPod (video 30G) as well.I would use apple lossless before wav. I know you
> can tag wav but's it
far inferior to  a lossless format for tagging and space.  I really
can't see why anyone would use wav for a portable device. Even with
storage being cheap you can still store twice the amount of files with
a lossless and tag them as well as any lossy file.  Why would you use
up twice the hd space for no reason and much worse tagging
capabilities?  You do realize that the wav tags in Itunes are in the
library and not in the files. At least I think that's the way it works
in Itunes with wav although I have been know to be wrong once or twice
before. :)

--
Nonreality

-IF THE RULE YOU FOLLOWED BROUGHT YOU TO THIS, OF WHAT USE IS THE RULE.-

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality