It certainly looks interesting but it won't do FLAC.  Web radio is also
better on Squeezebox.  It's also a better audiophile solution.

Although I have a Touch, I don't think I should pay for software
updates as a point of principle.  I've paid for one and resented it, I
don't want to pay for anymore - even if it's cheap.  Microsoft don't do
it with the Zune and they haven't fallen foul of SOX so why should
Apple?  It's a widespread gripe as you can see from many other message
boards.

It would be interesting to see if connection stability is as good or
better.  The main fault of the Squeezebox IMO is the way it copes when
it loses connection. The UI on the Touch is years ahead of the one on
the Duet handset albeit on a much more expensive device.

--
HectorHughMunro