andynormancx;319317 Wrote:
> You guys appear to be mixing up the two different tests, wifi signal
> strength one and the network test one (easy to do because the graphs
> look the same).
>
> cronshd posted the details of his wifi signal strength test showing him
> managing 40-50% on it. Phil then responded saying "you NEED to get 100%
> at 1500 not 40-50%".
>
> It is true that he needs to get 100% at 1500, but not on the wifi
> strength test. He needs to achieve the 100% on the network test screen.
> It is perfectly possible to get that while only achieving 40-50% on the
> wifi test and you are never likely to see 100% on the wifi strength
> test screen. It is obviously best to try and get the highest possible
> response on the wifi test though.
>
> N.B. I'm not trying to say that the advice Phil gave to try and fix the
> problem was wrong, that was spot on, just pointing out that the two of
> you were looking at two different tests...

Yes thats right. I run 7.x wired so its hard for me to remember what
the tests look like for ear;ier versions/wireless!

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT RCS 2.2X with Good Vibrations S/W - MF X-DAC
V3/X-PSU/X-10 buffer (Audiocomm full mods)- Linn 5103 - Linn Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend
Supertweeters, Kimber & Chord cables