andyg;321113 Wrote:
> What's needed to fix bug 6266?  Is this related to the Tuner issue?

No. This is to be able to load media FILES (not streams) with iPhone.
So the links to the .mp3 files (for mp3 files) that are already in the
songinfo page could be used to play a file.
You can use that to construct a page with a playlist (including the
files) that iPhone would play. You cannot control it through SC
anymore, but you can browse the DB and play files.
I would say streaming Internet Radio to iPhone is less important since
every radio that is not deeply sleeping currently tries to get a
streaming app online for that so nothing SC needs to do.

Of course, a real App that uses the stream or even understands the
squeezebox protocol would be much better, but it's a start.

I don't know what's needed to fix this (technically speaking), but I
know that the server would have to support "byte range access" which
means the client can select which portion of a file it wants to
download at a given time.

If you don't have an iThingy to test you can use QuickTime, I think it
has the same limitation.

--
pippin

---