andyg;321120 Wrote:
> Oh OK, just have the server support Range requests, that's trivial.  I
> assume this is only an issue if you try to seek in a file?  This
> solution won't handle non-mp3/aac/alac files though, as there is no
> transcoding built in to the download feature.

I think iPhone ALWAYS requests only part of a file. May have something
to do with power saving. So it will not load it at all if the byte
range is not supported.

I understand it will only work for file types QuickTime can play. As I
said: it's not a good solution but a start...

Good to hear it's trivial. I mean, I filed the bug 8 months ago...

--
pippin

---
see iPeng at penguinlovesmusic.com