I replaced the Duet SBC and SBR

I have done no changes to the SC system, as before on SC I run
SqueezeCenter-Version: 7.1 - 21967 @ Tue Jul 22 01:03:27 PDT 2008 -
Windows XP - DE - cp1252

The reason to change the Duet was the ping responsetime of the SBC
which was about ~20ms to ~300ms where the SBC was in the same place
(about 1 meter) near to the receiver. The SBR has always ping times
about 3ms to 5ms.

After replacing the units the ping response of the SBC was about 5ms to
8ms. So there must be something wrong with the  contoller unit. In the
display it shows already full signalstrength but the pingtimes are
always
changing and sometimes droped out.

Now after connecting the new unit for example I can change players
within 3 to 10 sec, which I think is quite ok, before it tooks plenty
of minutes.

But, after I thought everything is nice I start again a search for
"WHO" where the connection breaks to the SC. I restart both, the SC and
the SBC and try to search "supertr" via interpret search, the sbc
displays the different albums and after choose "all albums" it hangs
the controller again.
after about 20 minutes the sbc was responding again and I tried the
same search... with no problem.

Is that belong to the huge music library or processor which is  a 3.2
GHZ Pentium with 3GB RAM (the Siemens CELSIUS Workstation runs for
about 2 1/2 ongoing without any issue)? After the 20 minutes a second
same search there was no disconnecting event and I got the title list
of the search and can play it.

I don't know, maybe somebody out there have the right idea or technical
hint for what is going wrong here.

Thanks to all who give me some hints of resolving the problem !

--
networker