On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 4:22 PM, Bryan Richter <b...@chreekat.net> wrote:
On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 03:37:10PM -0400, Stephen Michel wrote:
On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 3:29 PM, Jason Harrer <jazzyeagl...@gmail.com>
    wrote:

      If we keep changing everything and second guessing and changing
      everything, we're never going to launch.

This is a really good point. How do people feel about setting up sprints / (in)formal deadlines for feature discussion? Or just some procedure for closing a topic for discussion, as we get closer to finishing the design
    of our MVP / beta launch?

Honestly, so far I feel like we've just been educating a new batch of
volunteers about the existing decisions. Nothing much has changed
recently, has it?

What we desperately need, I think, is a firmer picture of which
decisions *have* been made.

Very much agreed. That was the idea behind the whole 'design freeze' thing: pick a date. After that date, the decision on said thing must be made. We'll update the relevant wiki page to reflect that decision, and now it's closed for discussion (except in extraordinary circumstanced) until it's actually been implemented.

Because we can spend an eternity continually educating new volunteers; at some point we need to stop rehashing the same arguments with new people, batten down the hatches, and work on implementation.