On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 10:21:23AM -0700, Bryan Richter wrote:
> Website work is blocked on taking care of the blog, so let's do that.
> We have to make some decisions, but first we need to agree on what
> purpose we are trying to achieve.
>
> To frame the "purpose" discussion, I'll pose the first question: Where
> does the blog live? The decision flowchart starts with:
>
>     1. Blog lives on the main site
>     2. Blog lives somewhere else
>
> Which shall it be?
>
> But let's not simply answer that question. Let's start by
> understanding why we have a blog, and figure out what we need to make
> it a success. From there, it should be easier to agree on this
> decision, and the ones that follow.
>
> Here's my brainstorm for the blog's purpose:
>
>     1. Show signs of life
>     2. Keep people engaged
>     3. Talk about problems we're facing
>     4. Talk about progress we've made
>     5. Add more content to the Internets, making it easier for people
>        to find us in searches

I decided to take a crack at a homemade blogging engine in Yesod:
<https://git.snowdrift.coop/pharpend/snowblog>. It's not finished yet,
but I think I have all of the needed routes and design figured out.

Unless I missed something, all of the pieces are in place, I just have
to go through and fill in the obvious code.

--
Peter Harpending <pe...@harpending.org>