Hi,

I have encountered misconceptions that these are "yet another programming
workshops". That is, the message that these are workshops for researchers
doesn't get through and so the message doesn't reach the right audience. A
similar misconception was that it is another resource "like Coursera" (that's
about our online lessons).
I realise that partially it may be the problem with people not reading the
emails/announcements/website carefully. However, in some cases, I think they
actually did read it and this didn't work. I have been wondering if the fact
that these were not native English speakers (but well versed in English) matter
or maybe more precisely, these were people based outside of the North America /
UK research circles.

Cheers,
Aleksandra

Training Leader
The Software Sustainability Institute, University of Manchester
w: www.software.ac.uk
t: @aleksandrana | @SoftwareSaved