Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:
Hi Tim,

Recently I bought three ultra cheap usb drives for the kids from dick
smith for schoolwork 128meg units... They came with the usual driver
disk, but what was odd (and good) was that the disk was full of FLOSS
software such as windows versions of OOo and gimp and such as well as
windows and linux versions of mozilla products...

Can only be a good thing...

tim

Were these from Iomega? That company has been distributing OOo in its
storage devices for at least a year now.

I would be interested to know too because Dick Smith New Zealand also carries on their shelves an OOo CD put together by one of our community members that includes lots of FLOSS software. The Dick Smith NZ site (www.dicksmith.co.nz) mentions OpenOffice.org a lot, whereas, Dick Smith AU (www.dicksmith.com.au), there is no mention :(

And, I found this the other day:
http://www.encryptec.net/flashlinux/

What is really neat about this is that you can install it from a Windows box (as well as a Linux box), and of course it includes OOo. Guess who asked for one as a wedding anniversary present :)

Regards
Jacqueline