On Friday 21 Jan 2005 13:35, Christian Einfeldt wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 January 2005 17:23, Tim Fairchild wrote:
> > Recently I bought three ultra cheap usb drives for the kids from
> > dick smith for schoolwork 128meg units... They came with the
> > usual driver disk, but what was odd (and good) was that the disk
> > was full of FLOSS software such as windows versions of OOo and
> > gimp and such as well as windows and linux versions of mozilla
> > products...
> >
> > Can only be a good thing...
>
> This is really cool.  And very disruptive.  Meaning that Microsoft
> can't imitate it, which gives us a structural advantage.
>
> Do you have a link to dick smith with this product depicted?  I
> would like to post it on the Digital Tipping Point website.

Well, I just looked up the catalogue entry for the item

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/41f0e8d1001746f0273fc0a87f9c070b/Product/View/XH8250

and it makes no mention of OOo being included. I only noticed when I looked at
the driver disk and saw OpenOffice.org written on the disk. I'll have to scan
the disk and send a jpg :)

tim

  Tim & Therese Fairchild
  Atchafalaya Border Collies.