Mathias Bauer wrote:
OOo setttings could be used in the same way. There are already a lot of
settings you can't change in the "Options" dialog, and I agree that it
might be preferable to remove even more from this dialog, but not from
the configuration files itself. You can use a decent XML editor to
change the files directly (or even a text editor could be used). That
should be enough for experienced users, shouldn't it?

I think this is a fantastic idea!

Well, it's not an idea, it's already possible now. My point was just
that even if we removed more options from the dialog we wouldn't lose
that much because experienced users still could change them externally.

Best regards,
Mathias

Mathias --

Hope off list is okay. :)

I am a little clueless about this topic.

Is there a tutorial or at least some sort of guide line to do this somewhere in the OOo site or somewhere else. I would consider elaborating on whatever exists or making one. I just don't know where to start.

Thanks for the help.

--
Peter Kupfer
OOo user since 'OO4