From: Nicu Buculei <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:28:17 +0200
To: discuss@openoffice.org
Subject: Re: [discuss] Re: What about SQLite, was: Funding for remaining
 HSQLDB work

Ralph Aichinger wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 10:04 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>
>>maybe is funding was asked in the first place, the community would have
>>paid (or just paid more) for a certain solution (for example for the one
>>considered to provide more freedom).
>

> It is not clear if including SQLite is less effort than adapting
> HSQLDB and porting Java stuff to a free Java VM like kaffe combined.

i have not commented about the technical merits, only that if you ask
money for someone then is normal to give him input on the solution choosed.
developers have the right to chose a solution and i have the right to
refuse to pay for something which i don't agree with.

> Porting OOo to a free Java implementation would also get us
> wizards, usable macros, xml filters etc.

or gcj. for example Derby/Cloudscape and Eclipse can already be compiled
with gcj.

--
nicu
my OpenOffice.org pages: http://ooo.nicubunu.ro