Claude Garmon wrote:
I know this might sound stupid or unworthy for OpenOffice, or even off point, but here's my idea.
I liked livejournal and blogs and whatnot, but i'm not an exhibitionist. So, I thought, I'll go buy a journal program for my computer, well there wasn't one for sale, so, I thought, I'll download one, surely there are millions, but no there weren't and please why was I calling the thought Shirley. Why how hard could a journal be to include and the added value to OpenOffice might shock you when it comes to stickiness of the web sites mentioning it. Don't scoff. If it isn't much work, you might find a themable diary/journal might be a watershed idea that leaves the browser with a word program and a full office suite to boot. OpenOffice on the cover of Wired? Well---

Hello Claude

Colm suggested this and other associated ideas in his post to the list October last year, see: http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgId=1535298 Use "Browse this thread" to read the ensuing conversation associated with the subject "OpenOffice.org as a Blog-editor? (or bundled communications client)".

Colm also received comments on "StarOffice (or OpenOffice.org) as a Blog-editor?" in his blog, see: http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/ColmSmyth/20041012#staroffice_as_a_blog_editor

Have a read and see if this is similar to what you had in mind. I think the only difference is that to keep a private journal you would not publish your entries to the web.

All the best
Jacqueline McNally
Lead, OpenOffice.org Marketing Project