Joerg Barfurth wrote:

I did not mean to say that votes are totally useless. Looking at votes surely can provide clues what may be an important issue. But on their own the presence of many votes is not a big argument.

I did not mean to imply that I expect any people to be against reverting the change in the quickstart case. But in the 'return to position of last edit' discussion I do expect that the people who are annoyed or confused by this are less experienced users who are unlikely to actively participate here and probably won't ever vote for or comment in issues.

But the old method of returning to the last edit gave everyone what they wanted. They had the choice! None one forced a feature down anyone's through.

You want your cursor restored, check the box. If you don't, don't check the box.

Simplicity! :)

--
Peter Kupfer
OOo user since 'OO4