On Tuesday 15 March 2005 21:46, Daniel wrote:
> I created a document using OOoWrite 1.9.84 and inserted characters from
> the character map such as lower-case theta, lower-case sigma, lower-case
> delta.  The characters appeared fine in OOo.  I saved the document in
> Word Format.  When I opened the document with MSWordXP, the characters
> appeared as other characters.  When I corrected the characters in MSWord
> and reopened the document in OOo, the characters again showed up
> incorrectly.
> Is this a known issue?

Daniel,
  In case it is not a know issue can you please report this in issuezilla ?
( http://openoffice.org -> "Register", then when you receive a confirmation
email, "Login" and "File an issue" )
In this way the relevant developers will see your bug report and you will also
see the progress of this bug report if it is accepted.

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ