On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:01:26 -0500, Daniel Carrera wrote:

> I will vote for it too. I will also 'cofirm' the issue, so that it goes
> to the developers directly. And I'll track it. But having me tracking it
> doesn't really mean much. It just means you have a friend trying to
> help.

I prefer the wording proposed by Matt Needles in August 2004. I've filed
an issue by borrowing the wording I put into 4414 last August.  I don't
do Windows, so I haven't seen the dialog myself.

Issue 46347: Clearer Explaination Needed in the File Associations Dialog
=====
The most frequent complaint seen on the users' lists is "Help! Your
program has taken over my computer!"  Either the description needs to be
made more clear, or making OOo the default for MSO file types should be
defered until runtime.

Suggested wording from Matt Needles in August 2004: "OpenOffice.org can
open MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.  Another program is
currently assigned this task on your system.  Do you want OpenOffice.org
to be the default program to open these files when you open them from
Windows Explorer?  If you choose NO, you may still open these files from
within OpenOffice.org."
=====

I encourage anyone who is interested to add comments and vote early and
often.

--
Mac :})
** I usually forward private questions to the appropriate mail list. **