On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 00:32, Chad Smith wrote:

> >Welcome to marketing. :-)
> >

> Seriously.
>
> It was like his company had paid many multiple thousands of dollars for
> the company-wide upgrade, and what do their employees say "Wow!  That's
> pretty!"
>
> I like pretty colors and I love good UI.  But if that's it, I ain't
> paying $250 a head for the upgrade (or however much large companies pay
> for it).

Its not unusual for people to choose things for trivial reasons
particularly if it means there is no real change involved. Most people
don't like change thet means they have to think so cosmetics are good
for them, fundamental change bad. My usual reply to people who say "the
staff want MSO they can't get on with OOo" is to say fine, if they want
it they pay for it. Then there is often a change in attitude.
--
Ian Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ZMS Ltd