Ian Lynch wrote:

On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 09:28 -0400, Daniel Carrera wrote:

Steve Kopischke wrote:

I believe this happens because the network of individuals has little in the way of recognition

Can you think of any idea to improve the ammount of recognition volunteers get?

They can become INGOT assessors. They even get a certificate :-) Any
active community member who can operate OpenOffice.org competently and
who has spent 100 hours on community development work qualifies for the
Gold INGOT with distinction. So if you work on the users list and can
provide the right evidence I can arrange your certification.

You could then put this in your sig.

Regards,

Now I feel left out, I never even thought of becoming an INGOT assessor. I think it is time I went to the INGOT website and checked that out. I want my Gold INGOT with distinction. :)

James Walker