What is unprofessional about my openoffice.org:

http://es.openoffice.org/files/documents/73/2653/ooo_gnome.png

--
Alexandro Colorado
Co-Leader of OpenOffice.org Spanish

Quoting Matt Needles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Volker Jung wrote:
Perhaps you didnīt understand the intention behind my posting: I
want OO to beat MS...

So do we, but it won't happen by making picayune, derogatory remarks about the programmers or the product. Do something constructive about it. Can you, or are you "inspired" to draw icons that "are able to be liked"?

But I canīt deny that - just for example - ALL the symbols look like beeing drawn by programmers. Iīm a programmer myself and know that programmers most often donīt have the inspiration to draw symbols that are able to be liked.

I am also a programmer, but I also consider myself a kind of graphic
designer, so I don't complain about the new icons. If I didn't like
them, I'd offer some new ones.  Your remarks about programmers are
insulting, by the way.

By the way: I follow the development of OO since the days of
StarOffice beeing under the control of Star...

NOTHING has changed since years

You obviously have not seen the new 2.0 work. Before you continue this attitude, you need to look at the new version, which, as I said, has been extensively reworked in the UI area. It is NOT "designed by children doing their first steps." All the icons were re-drawn, and look very nice.

(despite functionality, but thatīs NOT
all a program needs to reach the masses). For example it starts with
standard option to draw a grey rectangle around a new
"word"-document. I hate this rectangle because of expecting a
WYSIWYG-program. I just donīt get that silly grey rectangle on any
normal piece of paper. This option has to be a additional - not a
standard feature. Otherwise you turn a WYSIWYG-program into bullshit
that has to be turned into WYSIWYG first... Nothing people really
like.

And, please, refrain from profanity on this public forum.

<BIG SNIP 8<--->8

Matt Needles
OOo Volunteer tester/coach