Daniel Carrera a Ãcrit :

[...]

If people saw that, I think we would have made a step forward. Part of that is seeing that there is progress going on. You know, seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

imho this is what is worked here :)

On the upside, it should be possible for ordinary people to use and
 test most of the milestone releases (of course at their own risk).

If they can maintain the stability of the current beta releases, I
think that would work well. I know a couple of people who are already
using the beta release as their standard release. I don't because I
still find it too unstable. But it's at the point where people who
are inpatient can start using it (at their own risk).

and help with feedback and IZ confirmation.

We have a sophisticated add-on package manager and care a lot about
 compatibility. It should be possible to distribute add-ons and
macros (via the OOo site) independent of core product release
trains.

I never managed to figure out the package manager. That was a big barrier for me. That's why I decided that writing macros wasn't worth
my time because none but the most committed members would be able to
install them. The other barrier I hit was documentation.

Now that you can read French, may be you'll find what you search for here :)

Ian L is working on documentation, so that leaves deployment. How can we improve deployment?

+ Is it possible to make a generic macro installer? + Is it possible
to add a dialog to OOo to install macross from the web? + We'd need a
website where people can upload addons easily. If there is interest,
I can pursue that. I could talk to Russ about how to let people
upload files themselves to OOoMacros. Or maybe Ian will want to add
this to his new website. It does make sense to have a single site with (1) documentation (2) sample templates (3) and the add-ons
themselves.

We've already speak about that, and I've proposed that scripting project serves this purpose, but Code Snippet was seen as a better choice.

The issue with site multiplication is the wasting of energy for those who are not speaking English. They need to retrieve informations on OOoMacros, OOoExtras, Code Snippet, Scripting, OOoForums, Darwinwar, Andrew site, etc. Most of the time, all those ressources are simply anusable. This apply to other sites that are created without any care of the NLC which is not a translation machine and may have difficulty with IT depending on the part of the world they are based.

We have people in our communities to help with OOo sites, they don't want to learn how to deal with tools and architecture of multiple sites. Their time is dedicated to OOo, not to site maintainance. So please if you do something to deal with packages, take also this into account. Thanks :)

Kind regards
Sophie