From: Daniel Carrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:43:34 -0400

   > Uhmm... I think I am talking about the same community. I am referring
   > to what I see on public forums like Newsforge, Groklaw, LinuxToday
   > etc. You haven't seen any comments that say "don't trust Sun"? I've
   > seen many.

Yes, I have seen many. I have also seen many comments like this about every
other company. E.g. about Microsoft. And still Microsoft is winning awards
with "best company" etc. This is called psychology... Never ever trust
people when they are anonymous. Never ever take something said in a small
group as the result of discussion in the whole community. These are two
rules from the first or second lesson about mass.

And you used that bad logic to generalize your feeling from small group to
the whole community.

   > + Hence, I conclude that a significant portion of the coders will not
   > like the JCA.

"conclude"? Please give us the numbers. How many developers really do not
like JCA. The problem our project has is that the bar to enter is too high
(because OOo is a large project) not that they do not like JCA. At least
this is what we see from the amount of people signing JCA and the code that
comes from them.

   > + For a very small contribution (a macro) the annoyance of printing it
   > and physically mailing it to California may be non-trivial.

Who tried that? What was the purpose of that macro?
--
Pavel Janík

Never engage in a battle of wits with an idiot;  they will bring
you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
                  -- Jeremy Jackson in linux-kernel