With OOo Writer, everything seems to work fine with NEW files, but when working with imported MS Word(proprietary format) files some things seem to go awry. I imported a .DOC file back when 1.1.4 became stable, changed a few things and saved it. All seemed Ok for several months. The other day, after I had learned a few new things about OOo, I opened it up with 1.9.95(I know, beta) and proceeded to edit. I deleted old input fields, they were grey areas in the text and a dialog would pop up when you clicked them. I was replacing them with Text Boxes from the Form Controls dialog. I would go to resize one after replacing 2 or 3 of them and my logo(an imported .WMF) and some text would disappear from the header of the page. I was puzzled, to say the least. I cannot get this to happen with a new document, only this old document. I loaded it with 1.1.4 to and none of these problems came about, so I finished the editing with it. I rebooted, and reinstalled OOo 1.9.95 and retested yielding the same results, but I only have the one file. Could be a corrupt file, I guess, but it did work with OOo 1.1.4. I was wondering if anyone else may have experienced this or something similar when editing form controls.
-
Alex Janssen
Windows XP Home SP2
"Man, if I could just win that Mega-millions lottery ... I'd still be here doing the same thing, but I might be sitting on a more comfortable couch."