I notice that using OO 1.1.3 Calc under Kubuntu Linux, as well as OO 1.1.4
Calc under Arch Linux, if I load a CSV file and choose Separated by Tab, a
column of numbers formatted nn:nn:nn will load the data as though it's a
time field. So, for instance, if one piece of data in the CSV file is

        00:23:34

it will appear as

        12:23:34 AM

in the cell after import. But this is not a time field. It's a
length-of-time field (hours:minutes:seconds).

Is there a way to change OO Calc's behaviour so that it doesn't default to
formatting a cell as Time when it sees data in nn:nn:nn format?