Subject:     Re: [discuss] Access Help from QuickStarter
Date:     Fri, 06 May 2005 12:13:29 +0200
From:     Elizabeth Matthis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups:     openoffice.discuss

Hi Caleb,

Caleb Marcus wrote:

> I'd like to be able to access Help and Options from the QuickStarter.
> Any thoughts?

I like your idea of adding "OpenOffice.org Help" to the
Quickstarter menu. (But I'm not a developer, so I don't know
if it is possible) I suggest you create an "Enhancement" in
IssueTracker for that idea.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Options" though. Can you
explain your idea in a bit more detail for me? If you mean
the "Tools - Options" pages with the tree hierarchy, then I
can tell you already that those options are in many cases
application-specific and therefore must be opened out of one
of the applications (Writer, Impress, Calc, etc) and cannot
"stand-alone" like the Help viewer can. (i.e. Tools -
Options cannot be accessed via Quickstarter)

Elizabeth