On Ven 13 mai 2005 8:00, Daniel Carrera a écrit :

>>>Are you kidding ?
>>>Directory standardisation is one thing linux distributions do right.
>>
>> He is probably only confusing, as I noted in my reply, standardization
>> across different distros with the one inside one distro. Which is the
>> only one relevant in this context.
>
> I doubt it. I think that Mathias is knows what he's talking about, and
> he's referring to a third party (e.g. me) writing an RPM for an OOo
> add-on. And I think Nicolas interpreted this correctly, and responded
> with a reference to the FSH.
>
> Nicolas, what is the correct place for clipart and templates according
> to the FSH?

They clearly belong somewhere under /usr/share

(http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#USRSHAREARCHITECTUREINDEPENDENTDATA)

Now the exact place is not defined to the best of my knowledge.

IMHO the best forum to discuss this would be freedesktop.org on
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

(ie send an  invitation on the  koffice, abiword, oo.o libs lists and
discuss it there)

fd.o is pretty informal and accepts very short and to the point specs. And
they havea good adoption rate afterwards.

Something like
/usr/share/templates/<filetype>/ would probably be afreeable to everyone.

I'd be probably be good idea to merge this with backgrounds & tiles since
they serve about the same purpose (and tiles can be useful for graphical
editors, not just the desktop)

If no one with standing inside oo.o/Koffice/Gnome office does the
invitation soon I'll write something next week.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot