En/La Adrian Try ha escrit, a 29/05/05 06:42:

http://www.tinyscreenfuls.com/2005/05/minimo-mozilla-for-pocket-pc-version.html

http://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Collected_User_Requests#Thunderbird-Sunbird.2FLightning_for_Pocket_PC

http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=6602&message=18&state=reply

| There have always been third party synch products for synchronising the
| Pocket PC with other applications. My wife very sucessfully uses one on
| her Mac to synch with the Mac pim programs. There have been several
| programs for use in Windows, including CompanionLink
| (http://www.companionlink.com/). I've just come across an Open Source
| program called Sync4j
| (http://sync4j.funambol.com/main.jsp?main=theproject) which looks
| promising, but doesn't yet seem to mention synch with Thunderbird. For
| Linux, there is the SynCE project (http://synce.sourceforge.net/synce/)
| which many people have successfully used to sync their Pocket PCs with
| the  KDE pim and to some extent Evolution. I'm not sure whether it works
| with  Thunderbird, and it this stage it is not easy to use.
|
| For me so far, the most practical option (in Windows) has been Dawn
| (http://www.joshie.com/projects/dawn/). This allows you to transfer
| your  address book between Outlook and Thunderbird (and a list of other
| programs). Although it still requires the use of Outlook, it allows you
| to  use the addresses you have on your Pocket PC in other applications.
|
| Thunderbird's popularity is still relatively young, and so are most of
| these solutions. Palm's conduit model of synchronising is much more
| flexible, and there are already working ways to sync Thunderbird with
| palm, including the palmsync.xpi extension for Thunderbird. Read more
| about it at http://www.thecapras.org/mcapra/ThunderbirdSync.html.
|
| Unfortunately most of the above is more promise than reality. If your
| friend wants to use Pocket PC addresses in other applications, then I
| recomment Dawn. If he wants to read his Thunderbird email on his Pocket
| PC, there may be ways of achieving that. If he's willing to switch to
| Palm  now or in the future he can avoid both Outlook and Pocket Outlook.
| Also,  this hasn't been an issue I've pursued in about a year, so your
| friend may  discover more than I have in my quick 10 minute look.
|
| Hope this helps, and I share your friend's frustration.
|
| Adrian
| Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.yahoo.com
Hi Adrian,
It certainly does help and thanks for all the useful information. I'll
check out the links and translate them for my friends. Sadly, he isn't
frustrated. Like so many people he thinks that things like Firefox,
Thunderbird etc. are only for geeks, which he certainly isn't. I got him
to change from M$Word to OO which is an accomplishment. I try to use the
gently gently approach whereby M$ apps are replaced gradually by
opensource ones until, dare I say it?, the shift away from Windows to
Linux is in the offing. At that stage a lot of people barely notice the
difference (except for fewer problems ;-) ). They use apps that are
familar to them and look the same as what they're used to. They don't
seem to miss the viruses, defragging, BSOD, lack of support, etc.
Thanks again but what happened to the OP for whom this thread was created?
Jonathan