On Tuesday 31 May 2005 02:06 pm, Marq van Hoof wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I copied the following text from the website:
>
> *Note. Depending on your install set you may be asked if you want
> OpenOffice.org to be your default Office suite.* If you answer
"yes" and
> then change your mind, returning to the prior state is tedious.
You need
> to reassociate all Office files.
>

> What you mean tedious? Just right-click on a type of file you
want to
> change, e.g.  you want all your .sxw files changed to .doc files.
Choose
> 'Open With',  click 'choose program ' and make sure you have the
box
> checked that says something like 'allways use this program to
open these
> kind of files'. Now ALL your .sxw files will change to .doc.

Tedious because it usually results in somebody asking a question
that has
been asked and answered many times before.  And you are right; it
isn't
difficult, just the explaining of it is.  :-))

> I just started using Open Office two weeks ago, but since it
hasn't got
> Dutch spelling I had to reassign these files to Word.
>
> Is there anyway to install a Dutch dictionary or spellcheck or is
there
> a way to let OpenOffice use the Word-dictionary or something like
that?

Dutch Spell checker can be installed in a couple of ways:
See here:
http://lingucomponent.openoffice.org/spell_dic.html
http://lingucomponent.openoffice.org/dictpack.html
or using the File-AutoPilot-Install New Dictionaries
from the OOo menu.
and I think, probably explained better, here:
http://nl.openoffice.org/

> I changed my settings to Dutch as far as possible, but for
spelling I
> can only choose between English and Italian. Even if I create my
own
> dictionary it keeps using the English one, when I try to use my
own
> dictionary the 'Add' button won't work.

After you install the dictionary, make sure that the characters of
the
document in Dutch are correct: Ctrl-A, right-click, Character, and
pick lang.

regards,
Richard.